Options for Commercial Sinks and Dish Tables
Commercial kitchens are fast paced and standard kitchen appliances rarely support the demands of commercial food service. One area that can be reevaluated to maximize kitchen efficiency is the sink. Our commercial sinks come in many standard sizes, as well as many custom sizes and configurations to best fit your kitchen needs. Tyler commercial sinks are designed to accommodate larger kitchen vessels, food service small wares, and for processing equipment parts.
Things to Consider when Purchasing Commercial Sinks:
- Does the commercial sink follow your kitchen design needs?
- What kind of capacity is required by your type of operation?
- Are sinks located in the correct area to promote a good workflow?
- Can you create a dedicated dish room or wash area? Large scale ware washing can be very messy, design an area that can be totally washed down if possible.
- What options does your budget allow?
- Know what health inspectors will require (i.e. hand sinks may require side splashes or there may be a require amount or location of hand sinks).
- What kind of durability and quality level does your kitchen need?
Tips for Purchasing Commercial Sinks:
- Understand standard designs and how different features benefit your staff and their workflow
- Incorporate soil staging and clean dish storage near your washing area
- Use glass racks and plate dollies to store and transport clean dishes back to service stations
- Design your wash area to be wash down capable
- Include floor drains in dish washing areas
- Pre-scrapping by bussing and wait staff can ease your cleaning work and reduce wash times
Commonly Made Purchase Mistakes:
- Not allowing enough space to provide ample safe work space
- Not matching capacity of equipment to the requirements of the facility
- Not giving enough consideration to the location of the dish area in relation to other work areas
- Buy used equipment with weak or failing faucets
Have questions concerning your Midway commercial sink or dish table plans? Call the design experts at Midway Restaurant Supply Tyler! Midway offers extensive kitchen planning, design, and product options in East Texas. View some of Midway’s products below and call for a complete list of products and brands!